What Personal Information does Proctor collect? How does Proctor collect it?
Proctor collects Personal Information as follows:
- We collect Personal Information via registration forms, login forms, and subscription forms, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, year in school, interests, and photo.
- If you are donating money, making a purchase, or paying an invoice through the website, your credit card, bank, and/or debit card information will be required.
- We track when emails sent to you via your subscription email address are opened and clicked on.
- From time to time, we conduct surveys that collect visitor perceptions of our website and online functions. These surveys may or may not require Personal Information, such as name and email.
- We use Google Analytics and HubSpot software to track user information, which includes, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, geographic location of visitors (country, city), browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, time spent on pages, and other similar information.
The website does not intentionally collect any special categories of Personal Information (sensitive personal information) unless we are legally required to do so. Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; and information concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
How does Proctor use Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Analyze trends in how our website is accessed and utilized and to identify high and low traffic areas of the website;
- Answer questions you have sent to us;
- Fulfill requests for information, programs, and services and to respond to inquiries about our school;
- Contact you in the future about areas of life at Proctor that may be of interest to you;
- Provide services and information that may be of interest to you;
- Inform internal decisions around program interest, content needs, and strategy;
- Complete donations, purchases and other payments you initiate on the website;
- Remember your preferences, such as login settings, font size, and site bookmarks on the site from visit to visit; and
- Maintain your “logged-in” status when visiting protected areas such as your myProctor portal.
When will Proctor disclose Personal Information?
We will only disclose your Personal Information:
- Where the disclosure is necessary to fulfill your request; or
- When explicitly requested or authorized by you; or
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement; or
- As described above in the “How does Proctor use Personal Information?” section; or
- To the extent necessary to fulfill a legitimate function or interest of the school; or
- When we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it for the protection of our legal rights and/or the rights of others.
We use appropriate physical, electronic, administrative, technical, and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for the Personal Information we collect through the website. Having said that, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you suspect unauthorized access to your information, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
How do I control my Personal Information?
If you are a registered user on our website, we provide you tools and account settings (username and password) to access, correct, delete, or modify the Personal Information you provided through your myProctor portal. Should you forget any login information, we offer an automated recovery prompt, or you can reach out to us directly at email@example.com
Proctor and our web services provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving emails from us through the unsubscribe link contained in many emails sent by the school or by contacting Proctor’s Data Controller directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this website and many other websites that you visit.
Currently, Proctor uses Flickr to tag and upload photos from daily life at Proctor. We tag students, faculty, staff, alumni, and occasionally parents so our families can easily find pictures of themselves to share with family. Should you not
want to be identified on Flickr, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com
If a child who we know to be under 13 years old sends Personal Information to us, we will use it only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her Personal Information.
This website is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities and to comply with federal guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org