Philosophy and Purpose
It is the goal of Proctor Academy’s Admissions Office to enroll a talented, motivated, passionate and diverse student body. The financial aid program supports deserving students who are unable to afford a Proctor education without financial assistance. Financial aid is need-based.
The Financial Aid Process
Admissions and financial aid are separate processes. Admissions decisions are never based upon a family’s ability to pay. Once a student is admitted, the Financial Aid Committee determines whether the school will be able to meet the need of the family. Need is defined as the difference between a family’s discretionary resources and the cost of educating the student. Although the school grants $4,000,000 in financial aid to approximately 35% of the student body, we are unable to offer financial aid to every qualified applicant. Therefore, some students will be admitted to Proctor without financial aid. Financial aid decisions are made in conjunction with the March 10th Admissions notification date.
Determination of Awards
Proctor’s need-based financial assistance program is guided by the National Association of Independent Schools’ “Principles of Good Practice for Financial Aid Administration.” Clarity uses a family’s financial information and applies it to a formula to estimate what a family can contribute towards the cost of education. The financial aid committee makes a final determination taking into account Clarity’s estimate and each family’s resources and individual circumstances. Families should identify all possible resources for funding a Proctor education before seeking financial assistance from the school.
How to Apply
To get started, please go to the Clarity Application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete, and it is mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $55 fee* to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
The deadline for completing the financial aid application is February 1, 2023.
If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available as well as email support at firstname.lastname@example.org in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
*Fee waivers are automatically granted by Clarity after completion of the application if the financial information you submitted indicates that you qualify for a waiver.
- How is financial aid determined?
- Where does financial aid come from?
- Will applying for financial aid affect my child’s admission?
- When is the financial aid application deadline?
- When will I receive notification of my financial aid award?
- Will my financial aid award change from year to year?
- Are the financial aid records confidential?
- Is financial aid available for international students?
- What if parents are divorced or separated?
- Are there payment plans available?
- What does financial aid cover, should I expect other fees?
- What if we do not need Financial Aid in our first year, but we do in subsequent years?
- What is financial aid and how is it different from loans?