We are excited to welcome families to campus starting Thursday for Fall Family Weekend events! It will be an amazing weekend of experiencing Proctor first hand for our families. A complete schedule for the weekend can be found HERE!
Registration and Parking
- In order to help us plan the weekend, we ask that you register HERE.
- In-person registration will be available throughout the day Friday and Saturday in the Farrell Field House lobby.
- Day Parents can park in the Field House parking lot. Boarding Parents should park at their student’s dormitory if parking is available.
Sustainability and Fall Family Weekend - Bring Your Own Reusable Water Bottle!
- Please consider bringing your own reusable water bottle to utilize while on campus this weekend. Proctor has an institutional commitment to not supply bottled water on campus, and we hope you join us in this pledge to choose a more sustainable route.
Pets and Proctor
- While we are a pet friendly campus, please do not bring pets into buildings over the weekend and please pick up after your pets around campus!
33rd Annual Proctor Invitational Golf Tournament
- We have over 90 golfers signed up to join us Thursday, October 19 for the 33rd Annual Proctor Invitational Golf Tournament at Lake Sunapee Country Club to kick off the weekend. We hope to see you there!
Thursday Evening Head’s Welcome Event
- All parents/guardians are invited to the Head of School’s house (across the street from Carr House and Rulon Miller Dorm). Parking will be available by Maxwell Savage Hall or along Route 11 in front of the Carr Field and the Head’s House.
- The event will have light hors d'oeuvres and will include student musical performances, a few words shared by Head of School Brian Thomas, and is an informal opportunity to connect with other parents and some faculty.
Friday Morning Classes and Assembly
- At 8:45 AM, parents are welcome to join their students in two classroom experiences, each running for 30 minutes. Immediately following academic experiences with your students, the community will join together for assembly on the Farrell Field turf unless the weather doesn’t cooperate in which case we will move to the Meeting House and Wise Center.
All-Family Meeting with Brian Thomas
- An all-family meeting with Brian Thomas will be held in the Wilkins Meeting House following assembly. Brian will share thoughts on the state of Proctor, the school year to date, and future planning efforts.
- We highly recommend students attend conferences with parents/guardians so the feedback loop is closed, transparent, and honest. Parent conference schedules can be accessed on the PTC platform on your myProctor Resource Board.
- If families are unable to travel to campus for Fall Family Weekend, advisors will organize video conferences with those families and arrange for other meetings with teachers if needed.
- Athletic teams will compete either Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. Students are able to depart for the long weekend following their last afternoon activity/athletic commitment. Those teams playing on Saturday will have a practice on Friday morning following assembly.
- A complete athletics schedule can be found HERE.
Departure and Return to School Protocols
- All students are required to depart campus for the long weekend. Any international student and domestic national student who is unable to travel home or depart campus with a friend’s family should be in contact with the Student Life Office immediately to arrange alternate plans.
- Students may return to campus starting at 12:00 PM on Tuesday, October 24, and should return no later than 7:30 PM Tuesday evening. Some varsity athletic teams will have practice from 3:00-5:00 PM on Tuesday.
Online Silent Auction
- Proctor will host an online silent auction to benefit student scholarships from Wednesday, October 18 through Saturday, October 21. Check out the auction items available HERE.
If you have other questions about Fall Family Weekend, please contact Events Coordinator Debbie Krebs. We are looking forward to seeing those families who are able to attend on campus soon!
- Community and Relationships